Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Anthony Santiago- Final

My final is on how technology has negatively stigmatized our millennial generation but also how some of the same technology has been used to break us away from them.
I looked at how technological innovations like Pokemon GO and online dating sites have helped millennial's break away from social and emotional handicaps, so to speak.

My article can be found on my new Tumblr page here.

The reason I did this project is because though I do see the negative impacts technology has had on my generation, I believe if used right, it could be beneficial. We just have to make the right choices.

"Millennials and other young adults are stigmatized and will probably be for a long time. However, I see the change happening eventually and I believe the technology that has given them a bad name will be the same technology that will remove it from them."


Bibliography
  1. Lenhart, Amanda, et al. "Social Media & Mobile Internet Use among Teens and Young Adults. Millennials." Pew internet & American life project (2010).
  2. James, Jessica L. Mobile Dating in the Digital Age: Computer-Mediated Communication and Relationship Building on Tinder. Diss. Texas State University, 2015.
  3. Serino, Maeve, et al. "Pokémon Go and augmented virtual reality games: a cautionary commentary for parents and pediatricians." Current opinion in pediatrics 28.5 (2016): 673-677.

No comments:

Post a Comment