Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Final Project Round Up

https://beyondmythandjargon.wordpress.com/2016/12/05/exploring-the-hive-mind/

At last, my first major post in revitalizing my blog has been finished and posted. My topic is primarily about the concept of the hive mind, and my take on this concept through the idea of how it is a prevalent element in our society of technology and communication. The post is broken down to six parts, each touching on sub-elements that I felt resonated with my initial intentions of the topic itself; Going from the supposed origin of the term and concept of the hive mind to the different cultures that embody the idea in its entirety. I decided that I wanted to keep the post in a text only format to keep it from being distracting and keep a train of thought.

The purpose of this project is to not only create a brand that encompasses the passion for certain subjects that hold my interest as well as putting my writing skills to the test in a public setting outside of academia. Though it is barebones compared to what I had initially envisioned, I encourage readers to make their voice known and heard, and be vocal about the subjects I present.

Work(s) cited:
de Campo, ME. “Contemporary Greedy Institutions: An Essay On Lewis Coser’s Concept   In The Era Of The ‘Hive Mind’.” Sociologicky Casopis-Czech Sociological Review 49.6 (2013): 969-987. Social Sciences Citation Index. Web. 18 Oct. 2016.
Davis, Lauren. “31 Essential Science Fiction Terms And Where They Came From.” Io9. Gizmodo, 23 June 2014. Web. 05 Dec. 2016.
Niak, Vipul. “The Value of the Online Hive Mind.” Less Wrong. Reddit, 09 Apr 2014.Web. 25 Oct. 2016.
Port, Rob. “Cecil and the social media hive mind.” Grand Forks Herald (ND)05 Aug.2015: NewsBank. Web. 18 Oct. 2016.
“hive mind, n.1.” OED Online. Oxford University Press, September 2016. Web. 5 December 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment