Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Final Project: Medical Marijuana

    For my final project I decided to focus on the abundant amount of ways marijuana has medicinally aided patients to deal with their specific medical conditions. In order to do so, I had to first research the history of marijuana. This allowed me to construct a timeline consisting of the introduction of cannabis into the America's, the formation of negative stigma and legal prohibitions surrounding it, and its infamous rise in our present time period. Next, I had to research exactly what marijuana was along with all the side effects it attained, in order to grasp a better understanding of how it could potentially be used medicinally. Finally, I was overwhelmed with vast research consisting of all the possible ways marijuana has and could benefit different types of patients around the globe. I categorized what I found so far in four groups: Pain, Diseases/Infections, Mental Health and Cancer. With these in mind, I dove into articles, scientific journals, and recent findings that traced the ways marijuana combats either symptoms of diseases, or diseases themselves. I was amazed at all of the knowledge I gained during my journey. Not only did I discover exactly what makes cannabis a candidate to battle illnesses,  I also gained an immense amount of knowledge about various types of diseases that exist today.
Here's a link to my tumblr blog, I hope to enlighten you as much as I enlightened myself.


Sources:
Burnett, Malik, and Amanda Reiman. "How Did Marijuana Become Illegal in the First Place?" Drug Policy Alliance. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2016.

Fisher, Marc. "Marijuana's Rising Acceptance Comes after Many Failures. Is It Now Legalization's Time?" The Washington Post. N.p., 23 Feb. 2014. Web. 1 Dec. 2016.  

Gregoire, Carolyn. "New Study Finds Marijuana To Be Effective Against Depression." The Huffington Post. N.p., 6 Feb. 2015. Web.  

Guitar, Pete. "Drug WarRant." Drug WarRant. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2016. 

Loria, Jennifer Welsh and Kevin, and Kevin Loira. "23 Health Benefits Of Marijuana." Business Insider. Business Insider, 20 Apr. 2014. Web. 08 Dec. 2016. 

Mcallister, S. D., R. T. Christian, M. P. Horowitz, A. Garcia, and P.-Y. Desprez. "Cannabidiol as a Novel Inhibitor of Id-1 Gene Expression in Aggressive Breast Cancer Cells." Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 6.11 (2007): 2921-927. Web.

"Medical Uses." Cannabis-med.org. International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines, n.d. Web. 

"NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws." NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2016.   

"NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws." Chronic Pain - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2016.

Rahn, Bailey. "What Are the Best Cannabis Strains for Pain? | Leafly." Leafly. N.p., 2016. Web.08 Dec. 2016. 

Rahn, Bailey. "Cannabis and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Leafly." Leafly. N.p., 2014. Web. 08 Dec. 2016. 

Silverman, Jacom. "How Medical Marijuana Works." HowStuffWorks Science. HowStuffWorks, n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2016.  

Upatientsgroup. "In Pain? Try Using Medical Marijuana for Pain Relief and Management." United Patients Group. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2016  

Wing, Nick. "Marijuana Prohibition Was Racist From The Start. Not Much Has Changed." The Huffington Post. N.p., 14 Jan. 2014. Web.  

4 comments:

  1. There might some different approaches according to place or knowledge. Your skills depends on how you got an opportunity and where you have trained. Personal or professional training might distinguish between each other. buy weed online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! marijuana101.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    cannabis store

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. https://smoke.io

    ReplyDelete