Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Anthony Santiago- The Use of Media to Change A Generation


For my semester project, I will be concentrating on the stereotype behind young adults about their addiction and obsession to technology and mobile phones. Many people believe that millennials are unmotivated individuals who have been sucked into the tech world. In short, I will take a look at how different forms of media have innovated to indirectly help the teenage and young adult population break away from this stigma.
As of right now, I am still compiling more research on this topic. I would hope by the end of this project I will have an article/news story style document that goes into the positive effects some media outlets have been.

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea. I find myself somewhat addicted to my phone, but I think it is worth analyzing what this technology has replaced. There had to be something before "technology" that took up the most of the time of young people. Maybe you should explore what this is. Great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. I find myself somewhat addicted to my phone, but I think it is worth analyzing what this technology has replaced. There had to be something before "technology" that took up the most of the time of young people. Maybe you should explore what this is. Great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be intriguing if you fought back the arguments imposing that millennials are unmotivated individuals and sucked into the tech world. You can look into the innumerable ways that media platforms have positively shaped the way for many millennials. For example, young adults have the ability to access research on any topic they chose to educate themselves on within seconds thanks to modern technology. In addition, the media has provided millennials with career opportunities, such as entrepreneurship and endorsement deals. Social media platforms have also given rise to various activist movements such as Black Lives Matter. Once you pick and chose the positive aspects of media that are important to you, you should be able to narrow down specific topics for your project, Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete