Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Proposal



Frank Ocean has a line in one of his songs that goes, "Too many bottles of this wine we can't pronounce." Wine is intimidating from the outside, but actually is a very simple concept. Grapes are grown, picked, fermented and bottle. That's it.

I chose to do my project on why younger adults, aged 21-25 don't seem to drink wine as much as liquor/beer. Also, I will explore is that truly a difference between a $10 and $100 bottle of juice. My theory is that younger adults don't drink wine, because it looks pretentious and it's too fancy for them.

I also want to explore men and wine. Men avoid wine, because it doesn't perceive them as manly. Most times, younger men buy wine either because they are going on a date or want to impress the girl. My plan is to do a VLOG consisting of 1 female and hopefully 2 males. They will taste 4 different wines. 2 cheap, 2 expensive. I like to see what one they choose as the "better." Also will hope to ask why females are sometimes perceived to like wine more and why males use it as a dating tactic.

My goal is to really to remove all barriers in wine. By doing this project, my plan is to show people that you should drink whatever wine (if you chose to) you like regardless of price. I also want to see how people feel about gender roles with wine.

1 comment:

  1. You can also research which alcohols are advertised to younger adults. Wine companies usually target older woman as well the "sophisticated and classy" people. More vodkas, wine coolers, and hard liqueur are branded as the younger adults drink. I actually found some articles about why millennials aren't drinking beer anymore and are turning to wine, maybe you can switch it up. I'll post them below. Hope this helps!

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/12/03/the-great-beer-abandonment-americas-young-drinkers-are-increasingly-drinking-wine-and-hard-alcohol-instead/

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/02/15/millennials-drink-nearly-half-all-wine-us/80420746/

    ReplyDelete