Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Desiree Bascomb- Draft Proposal



For my project this semester I would like to research the media’s agenda in shaping public opinion, more specifically, how media has aided in the nation’s overall perception of the death penalty. Interestingly enough, as technology advances along with our mediums of media; national support for the death penalty has gone down. We as a society have a better understanding of capital punishment, we have done more research providing evidence essentially proving capital punishment is ineffective in reducing crime; and we are more aware of the unethical nature and (arguably) unconstitutionality of the death penalty. While I do have strong views against the death penalty, this is not a project calling for my opinion. I plan on writing a research paper highlighting the evolution of the death penalty alongside the advancement of technology and more importantly discovering if there is a connection between media and public opinion regarding this matter.



So far in my research I found this Washington Post article that broadly explores my topic.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! As a person who has strong ideals against capital punishment, I can't wait to see what you have in store.

    ReplyDelete