Thursday, October 20, 2016

Intro - Cameron Docherty

 


What's up everyone, my name is Cameron Docherty, and I am a senior in my last semester here at Rutgers University in Newark. That is my Jack Russell Terrier, Bonnie. We're pretty close as you can see. I'm a Journalism and Media Studies major with aspirations of working in sports media, and I've been covering sports here for the newspaper and magazine since 2010. 

I currently work in Event Marketing for the New York Red Bulls and I referee youth soccer on the weekends. Although I have lived in New Jersey my whole life, both of my parents immigrated here from Scotland in the 1980's. I like to consider myself Scottish American, which probably has contributed to my passion for watching, playing and writing about soccer. 

I hope to build a career out of this passion. I consume massive amounts of media, sports and otherwise, and as a journalism major I try to carefully analyze, criticize and take inspiration from each piece of media I consume. One of my favorite outlets for soccer news is the web magazine Four Four Two

No comments:

Post a Comment