Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Going Green

My final project will ultimately address specific aspects of where marijuana stands in society. I have researched how it became illegal and attained a negative connotation along with its current popular reemergence as a cultural norm. In addition to exploring the physical properties of marijuana, I am interested in presenting and predicting the future it holds in medicine. I plan on tying the ubiquitous presence of cannabis in our society, whether it be in the mainstream media or in medicine, to how it can still incriminate thousands of people. My research will include various news articles, blogs, magazines, TV shows and documentaries. I also hope to interview a range of younger and older individuals as well as professionals in the medical field about their standpoint on this topic. I will present this project in the form of a tumblr blog. I feel that a tumblr blog will allow me to creatively display my work and correlating references with the use of text posts, pictures, videos and music.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely check out the states that have already legalized the recreational and medical use of marijuana such as California (which happened this month), Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Alaska in contrast to the states that have not or that are more conservative. Below is the a link to a Times article to give a good overview on what Proposition 64, which legalizes marijuana in California.
    http://ti.me/2fzgOLA

    Suggestion: major figures or celebrities to support the legalization of marijuana for legitimate reasons. For example, Pete Davidson, a comedian and writer for SNL, is a great example to use for a celebrity that openly advocates and supports the legalization of weed. Davidson suffers from Crohn's disease and relies on medical marijuana to perform on stage and combat his disease. Here an article about it: http://dailym.ai/2gyYnqB

    ReplyDelete