Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Anthony Santiago- Introduction


Hello All,
I am currently beginning my fifth year as a college student. I am born, raised, and educated in Newark so going to Rutgers-Newark was sort of a calling you could say. I currently am pursuing a double major in Journalism and Political Science. Since high school I always knew that I wanted to be a journalist. I loved writing, the influence one could have as a journalist on readers, and the impact your work could have. However, once I began to take the classes and learned more about the world of journalism, the flame that once burned bright and strong began to fade. The admiration for the art and the work is still there nonetheless and I still enjoy each class I take.
Over the summer I studied abroad in the Dominican Republic and did some work with an organization called CENIFE that was centered on helping low income children in some of the poorest communities in the capital Santo Domingo. There I did a lot of teaching and field work. It was certainly a life changing experience for me and it is something I could see myself doing professionally. Media consumption is still a part of my life and academic life. I still keep up with current events through online news sites and through tv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment