Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Brianna Paden-Williams- Introduction

Hi Everyone! My name is Brianna Paden-Williams and I’m a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in art history. Journalism wasn’t always something I thought would eventually turn into my career. The arts have always been my passion since I was little kid and I was an art history major for almost two and half years before switching to journalism. I always thought I was going to work at a museum, gallery or an art institution. However, while writing for the school newspaper at my previous university, I discovered my interest in writing and journalism. When I transferred to Rutgers, I took the leap of becoming a journalism student and haven’t regretted it. The vast career opportunities in journalism allow me to combine both my love for the arts and writing. I hope pursue a career in either journalism or communications/public relations with a focus on the arts.

As a journalism student, I’ve become a more conscious consumer of the media with a greater and deeper understanding of it. I’m more aware and mindful of where I get my news from and how I interpret it. I check the NY Times morning briefing religiously every morning for a quick read of the current news. I also like checking Google News as a news aggregator. 

Note: This image is a mural from the Center for Civil and Human Rights in Atlanta, Georgia. I went to this museum for the first time this summer and absolutely loved it! If you're interested in the civil rights movement and the global human rights movement, definitely check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment