Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Desiree Bascomb- Introduction





Hello classmates! My name is Desiree Bascomb and I am a senior here at Rutgers-Newark where I double major in Journalism and Political Science. I spent this past summer interning in Washington DC, at a personal injury law firm. This experience challenged me intellectually and professionally and largely influenced my current professional aspirations. I have goals of attending law school, and ultimately pursuing a career in legal and political analysis and commentary. I am from a very small, sheltered, town in New Jersey but I have dreams of moving to D.C. and (as cliché as it sounds) leaving my mark on the world. When it comes to politics, I have a particular interest in domestic policy and social issues in the realm of politics. I currently have two YouTube channels where I explore and analyze social issues and current events. I love to read anything news or politics related and I am a CNN junkie. I am fascinated by the media and its influence on the public.  Social media is particularly interesting to me along with our cultural obsession with instant gratification. I have linked my letter to the editor that was published in the Washington Post. I look forward to hearing from and working with all of you throughout the semester.

 The above picture is a photo of me and my favorite CNN commentator, Dr. Marc Lamont Hill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment