Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Natasha Sadek - Introduction


Hello everyone! My name is Natasha Sadek.  I’m a Senior here at Rutgers-Newark and I’m majoring in Journalism with a minor in Women’s and Gender Studies.  Journalism was not something I thought I was destined to study.  All throughout high school and my first two years at Rutgers I planned on Majoring in Sociology and Political Science and going on to law school after graduating.  The more classes I took, the more I realized that path was not for me.  With the help of my family urging me to explore Media Studies I found, what I hope, is my calling.  I’ve always told myself that I want to make a difference in this world.  I think that the media influences society in a major way (not always a great way) but I want to be part of that influence.  I want to hold people in power accountable for their actions.  Professor Fisher showed a clip from Last Week Tonight where John Oliver spoke about how now is the best time to be a corrupt politician. The public doesn’t care about what politicians do and news outlets only write articles they believe will get the most clicks.  I don’t want the future of Journalism to be articles about raccoon cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment