Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Peter Navarro Intro




Hey guys, I'm Peter Navarro, I'm in my 5th year with the plan to graduate in May 2017. I was born in the Philippines but I lived almost all my life in Jersey City. I'm a journalism major with a minor in video production. As for my professional goal, well, I'm still trying to figure that out. I enjoy writing but I also would like to improve in and explore photography and video. I'd like to maybe pursue a career in sports journalism since I've been a sports fan all my life, mostly baseball and basketball. But I do have interests in film, television, and fashion.

One website that I think would be a kind of model I'd like to maybe follow is theringer.com, ran by Bill Simmons. It's mostly about sports but they also write about pop culture. In terms of the variety they offer and the fun writers there seem to have, to run that kind of website seems exciting for me.

But for the time being, I'm just hoping to start putting myself out there and tap into my inner creative. Regardless, media will remain a big part of my life. I frequently use social media outlets to keep up with what's going on. Media makes information and news much more accessible and I hope to take advantage of that for my career.


No comments:

Post a Comment