Friday, September 9, 2016

David Clermont Mini Introduction


Greetings everyone. The name is David Clermont, a Journalism student and junior at Rutgers Newark. I am from Montclair, which is known to be one of the most diverse cities in New Jersey, and happened to be exposed to the melting pot community that resides. Looking at the bigger picture in terms of professional goals, I honestly haven't narrowed my aspirations down to an absolute direction, but within dabbling into Rutgers Newark's magazine, Scarlet Magazine, I found myself becoming familiar with the magazine aspect of print journalism. I do plan on expanding outward onto other aspects of journalism, but working for a magazine might be my go-to goal for professional careers. For academic goals, I aim to gather as much information and experience that would prepare me for any potential careers that could tie into journalism or something different if the opportunity arises. The influence and consumption of media plays somewhat of a critical role as to how I view both the proper and improper ways of portraying journalism or anything else. With media, the exposure to the right and wrongs of how a person displays their work in a public domain, and the critique that follows, provides an impromptu guideline that allows me to determine the quality journalism I should avoid or aim for.

Link to my twitter account

No comments:

Post a Comment