Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Ray Gnagey - Introduction

Hey everyone, my name is Ray Gnagey, I'm currently a senior majoring in Journalism and minoring in video production. I was born and raised in Bandung, Indonesia and moved to Newark in Fall 2013 to attend Rutgers. I decided I would major in journalism during my senior year of High School because my teachers told me I had a knack for writing (plus my grandfather was a journalist, so I guess it runs in the family). Journalistically, my interests lie in sports (mainly soccer) or something along the lines of National Geographic. I also have interest in becoming a screenwriter, we'll see how that goes. So basically, my end goal is to become a story teller and whatever shape or form that takes, I'm game.

I'm currently spending my third year on The Observer, my second year as the Editor-in-Chief. I'm also currently interning at a Gaming magazine located in the Bronx (but, it's a virtual internship so I never have to leave the comfort of my room). It's pretty hard to escape media in life today, because of social media and the internet it's almost hard to not be aware of breaking news. So, in that sense, media plays a massive role in my life.

For my link, here's a short clip from a Louis CK stand up show that made me genuinely laugh out loud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMp7H3hZjsU

Note: The gentleman on the left of the picture is my 14-year-old brother, Ricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment