Saturday, September 10, 2016

Daisy Glasgow, Introduction














Hey guys! My name is Daisy Glasgow, I am a junior here at Rutgers Newark, double majoring in Journalism and Political Science. I came into college with my mind set on studying law and eventually going to law school, but that all changed when I simply Googled, "careers for people that like to read". My new end goal became to dive into the world of book publishing/editing. Knowing that I would need to elevate my writing as well as editing skills, I started taking Journalism classes which I feel have helped me immensely. I also started writing book reviews for The Observer, just so I could improve my writing but also to learn how effectively articulate my thoughts and feelings towards what I read. Although the publishing world relies on print, media is obviously a huge outlet that we all use. Authors and aspiring writers need to use media as a tool to get their work out there, and I am hoping that by learning about media, media consumption, and media studies it would help me gain skills that I can use in my career. I currently have a internship at St. Martin's Press, specifically with the crime fiction imprint, Minotaur that I am very excited about. Every week The New York Times publishes a book review that I enjoy reading and below is a link to a review of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which I liked but absolutely disagreed with.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/books/review/me-before-you-by-jojo-moyes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment