Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Intro: Stephanie Lagunes

Whats up! My name is Stephanie. I'm a senior here at Rutgers and a journalism major with an art minor. My whole life I wanted to be a doctor and all it took was one year of bio and chemistry courses to dissuade me. College also taught me that I'm pretty good at writing, hence switching over to journalism. Media plays a huge role in my academics and aspirations because I want to work in media. People's initial response is always, "people in media don't make much money," but I'm not in it for that. I love to meet new people and working in media allows you to meet new people and make great connections. I've never thought of being famous but I do want to be influential and media has the biggest outreach these days. As far as in my life, I know now that media can be anything you want it to be. You are exposed to what you want to and if you're curious you can go and learn about anything you want on the internet. Few publications out there are talking about what really matters and would rather discuss what Kim Kardashian wore to vacation in Mexico so heres a link to, in my opinion, the only publication worthwhile: Vice.

No comments:

Post a Comment